Friday, October 17, 2008

Goodbye Owen

Our cat of four years, Owen, went missing on Tuesday night after running out of the house. He's done this before, but has always been waiting to come in first thing in the morning. He still isn't back, and after checking with the animal shelters and neighbors, we are thinking the coyotes must have gotten him.

We'll miss our friendly cat. We got him about a year after we got married and has been with us through Washington, California, and Illinois. I always appreciated him during Andy's long hours studying in seminary. Owen was so good with Liam too. We'll miss him!

In California

Owen Tolerating Liam

Owen, always around, right after Liam came home.

The day I went to get induced to have Liam.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad. I will miss seeing pictures of Owen. I still remember when you first got him. He was a very nice cat.

Chunny and Me said...

OH NO!! I hope you still find him...
I'm sad for your loss - he was a wonderful cat!

jhoch said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Owen. I remember when you first got him. He was a good buddy during your night shift days, and beyond as well. Losing pets is hard. Talk to you soon.

Tammalamma said...

Poor Owen! :( I'm sorry he ran away! He was a great cat!

SIX Thirys said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Owen! Have you put up a missing poster in your neighborhood? He's such a nice cat, maybe someone has claimed him? I hope he still finds his way home.

SIX Thirys said...

We are sorry that Owen is gone:( I wish that Elijah and Levi could have gotten to know him better. Liam must be really sad. Maybe there will be cats on the New Earth? IF there are, I am pretty sure you will get him back. Study Rev. 21-22- there is a good chance if Adam and Eve got pets, we will get them too.

V&S said...

We will miss your Owen! He was a very blessed little kitten when Tamaryn found him, you adopted him,
and gave him such a great life...