Friday, March 7, 2008

Abort 73

At our new church in Rockford, we have been able to meet and start to know many wonderful families. Two of these families run a ministry called Abort 73. I had heard about it before moving to Rockford, but we are getting more acquainted with it.

We are continually encouraged by the ministry and by the stories of babies lives being saved as a result. I'd encourage you to visit their site www.abort73.com. It strives to educate people about abortion and some of that education is graphic, but then again, it is only showing what abortion is, brutal, deadly violence against a defenseless child.

The families involved with Abort 73 have caused me to examine my own life to see what ways I am stepping out in faith. I love security and knowing where the next paycheck is coming from. I love being comfortable and not offending. Yet here are two families that are living by faith by being steadfastly committed to God's heart of loving children, and by believing that God will provide for them and their children through the gifts of Christians who also desire that not one more child's life is taken.

It also causes me to be so thankful for all the families that are willing and wanting to adopt. What a wonderful alternative to abortion! And what a wonderful way to truly care for orphans, by loving and accepting a child into your own family! Aren't we thankful that it is God's heart, to take in desperate and needy children into His family? Where would we be if it wasn't?!

So, I am grateful to the ministers at Abort 73, and I am thankful for parents that adopt. Check out abort73 and you can even buy some very cool apparel, which advertises for the ministry. They basically sell it for cost because they want more people to be exposed to the truth about abortion, and in being exposed, choose life for their child.

Are there any ministries that you have been exposed to lately that have encouraged and challenged you?

1 comment:

V&S said...

Thank you for making us aware of Abort 73...these pictures greatly impacted and disturbed me; I actually became physically ill. It's unbelievable that murdering these helpless, tiny babies can be legal in America. I am thankful that we have been able to support Crisis Pregnancy Resource Centers for quite some time now and that God can change hearts!
Mom