Monday, March 31, 2008

Memorizing Scripture

I've always been bad at memorizing scripture. In January, I started memorizing Romans with the goal of knowing the whole book by the end of the year. Well, I've done 17 verses in 3 months. If I keep at this pace, I figure it will take me about 6.4 years to memorize it all. So, how about some mass accountability? I put a new ticker over to the right showing how I am doing at committing God's Word to memory. I know the Word is worth more than any earthly thing, and I want to act like it by treasuring it in my heart.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Awesome to see your passion for memorization. It can be a daunting task sometimes, but I am sure that with accountability and prayer you will succeed and find glorious things in the word.

My website is www.dwelling-rich.org and my e-mail is cpearson@dwelling-rich.org. Stop by sometime and let me know how you are progressing.