Sunday, September 30, 2007

Joyful (non-baby) News!

God's grace is certainly multifaceted. As we approach the end of seminary (December 14), not only do we anxiously await the birth of our firstborn son, but we also eagerly anticipate the opportunity to serve what will soon be our new church body. After months of prayer and conversation, Andy received the call this week to join the staff of Harvest Bible Chapel of Rockford. We are so incredibly thankful to the Lord for His orchestation of this exciting new opportunity. For you Spokanites, it won't take but a little browsing of the above link to figure out how we got connected to this precious group of saints.

4 comments:

Dustin & Heidi Greenup said...

We are excited for you, and praying for you! Thanks for updating the blog...we check it everyday to see if there is new news about the baby!

Chunny and Me said...

HOW EXCITING!!! That is wonderful news and I'm sure the Dirkse family is thrilled! I admit that I'm a little sad for the Northwest and that we won't get to keep you closer to us, but now we just have all the more reason to visit out east! :) Congratulations you guys! Keep us posted on the baby progress - I check your blog every day too.
Love you guys!
PS In case you haven't heard thru the grapevine yet, Chunny is going to be a daddy too! :) We are due April 16th - yeah, more pagoda babies!

Dick and Betty Lou said...

Just happened upon your blog. I'm so excited to hear about your baby. Congratulations!!! Can't wait to hear the news about his arrival. I will check every day from here on out.
When I heard you were going to Rockford Harvest I first thought of the little community of Rockford here in Spokane area then when I saw the pictures of Rockford before I saw Dirksie's picture I realized where you were headed. I was both thrilled for you and sad for us. You are going to be amongst some of the great former FBC interns in that neck of the woods.
I remember well how you were able to teach so clearly God's truth. You will lead your flock well. Congratulations!!

Loving the three of you, Mamma Lou

Elastigirl said...

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! We can't wait for you and for that baby!