Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Update

Never fear, we have been spreading the Tobin love in Illinois! Andy got the flu and promptly shared it with others. What a way to get to know people, right?! We've heard of two other people getting sick and are praying that it stops there.
People have been very kind though in helping us and trying to get us settled in. It took a small army of people to move all of our stuff last Thursday and ladies from the church are providing our meals for two weeks! Two weeks! I'm so excited-it really frees me up to try and settle us in and get better myself (I got sick and mostly lost my voice for all you how have been calling for updates and I haven't been returning your calls).
We did make it to the junior high and high school winter camp this last weekend. Andrew was supposed to be the speaker, and he did speak, although it looked at times like he was going to keel over. That was pretty much all he could do-get up and preach and then return to bed to fight the flu. We are praising the Lord that Liam hasn't gotten sick with all the germs in our house.
This definitely wasn't what we were hoping our first couple weeks in Illinois would look like, but we know that God is sovereign over little pesky things like the flu and colds. We are looking forward to getting to know the people at Harvest soon!
We are also having some weird problem posting pictures. Does anyone know what HTTP 500 Internal Service Error means? Hopefully, we'll figure that out so you can all keep seeing pictures of Liam.

4 comments:

Eric 'n Leah said...

If you use Picasa, you might try to post right from that. If not, then you might have to just wait it out. We had a season when it did that to me and I got really frustrated, we switched over to Picasa to organize our photos and it blogged great from there. In the meanwhile, blogger stopped doing it's wierd thing. SO, I doubt that helped at all, but now you know you aren't alone?!
:-)

Chunny and Me said...

Hey Arianna! So glad to hear that you are safely in IL (although I'm sorry to hear that you all have been ill! NO FUN!)
I have no solution for you regarding your picture problem - I had a lot of issues posting pictures myself at one point, but it worked for me today! Speaking of which, check out our blog, I FINALLY put some new updates in it! :)
Love you guys!!
Lisa

Beth P said...

Hee hee. God has a fun sense of humor. Way to go, Andy - toughing it out at youth camp. I also post straight from picassa, but I'm just a simple girl and haven't bothered to learn another way.

Alan, Marci, Maya and Madison said...

Glad you all made it safely! We pray that you start feeling better soon, I imagine it's hard being in a new place and being sick. Yuck! Hope your picture problems resolves itself so we can see more pictures of that cute cute boy!